This policy describes how Croix Chatelain SA processes your personal data and what your rights are in case your personal data are processed by Croix Chatelain SA.
To carry out its commercial and legal missions, Croix Chatelain SA is required to process your personal data in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
Croix Chatelain SA ensures that your personal data are processed in a manner that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are collected.
Data security and confidentiality
Croix Chatelain SA takes the necessary actions to guarantee the security of your personal data. It ensures that your data is protected against unauthorised access, unlawful use, loss or unauthorised modification. Croix Chatelain SA has put in place technical and organisational measures to guarantee the security and confidentiality of your personal data.
What is personal data?
According to Article 4, 1° of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is "any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person".
Who is the controller and the data protection officer?
Croix Chatelain SA, located at Chaussée de Vilvorde, 146, 1120 Brussels and represented by its Managing Director, is the company responsible for the processing of personal data that it processes in the context of the fulfilment of its commercial and legal missions. This implies that it determines, alone or jointly with others, the purposes and means of processing such personal data.
The data protection officer is Mr Quentin Croix, IT manager. He is the contact person for all questions relating to the processing of your personal data and the exercise of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
What personal data are processed by SA Croix Chatelain and for what purposes?
The categories of personal data processed by Croix Chatelain SA include the following:
- identification data (e.g. surname, first name, date of birth);
- contact data (e.g. address, telephone number, e-mail address);
- bank data (e.g.: bank account number)
Croix Chatelain SA collects this personal data directly from the prospect (particularly when creating a customer/supplier account number) or from its existing customers/suppliers to update the data; for the purpose of initiating or continuing a business relationship with these companies or their representatives, to conclude and maintain a contract for the provision of services or deliveries of goods and to enable the performance or continuation thereof.
Croix Chatelain SA processes your personal data in the context of commercial relations with its customers or suppliers. Your personal data may not be used by Croix Chatelain SA for purposes other than the performance of its commercial and legal missions.
The processing of these personal data is carried out by Croix Chatelain SA in particular for the following purposes:
- Issuing invoices or credit notes during a commercial transaction;
- Issuing payment reminders;
- Trade debt collection via lawyer's office;
- Litigation Management;
- Personnel administration;
- Supplier management.
Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Within the framework of the execution of its commercial and legal missions, Croix Chatelain SA may receive or communicate your personal data in particular to the following recipients:
- Your accounting offices (after your agreement);
- Other recipients in accordance with legal obligations and authorizations for information and information exchange, such as:
- of FPS Finance services,
- other federal public services, including the judiciary, police services, the Financial Information Processing Unit and social security agencies,
- the State administrative services, including the public prosecutor's offices and the Registries of the Courts and of all jurisdictions, the administrations of the Communities, Regions, provinces, agglomerations, federations of municipalities, municipalities and public establishments and agencies,
- States with which Belgium has concluded international conventions or agreements on administrative cooperation or exchange of information,
Storage of your personal data
Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
What are your rights on personal data processed by Croix Chatelain SA?
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Some of these rights apply only in limited cases.
- You have the right to access your personal data processed by Croix Chatelain SA.
- You have the right to obtain, as soon as possible, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. In view of the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data concerning you completed.
- You have the right, in certain cases stipulated by the General Data Protection Regulation, to obtain the limitation of the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right, in certain cases stipulated by the General Data Protection Regulation, to object at any time, for reasons relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you.
- You have the right, in certain cases stipulated by the General Data Protection Regulation, to have your personal data deleted as soon as possible.
Limiting the processing or deletion of personal data may make it impossible for Croix Chatelain SA to continue the commercial relationship with its customers or suppliers.
How can you exercise your rights?
If you find that some of your personal data are incorrect or incomplete or if you wish to exercise your rights, you may submit your request:
- By post to Croix Chatelain SA, Chaussée de Vilvorde, 146, 1120 Brussels, to the attention of the accounting department.
- By e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please enclose a copy of your identity card with your application.
Your request will be processed within 30 calendar days. If the request is complex or the service is faced with a large number of requests, this period will be extended by 60 days.