5 tips to save water after the holidays
1. Buy a water collector. Rainwater is free and much better than tap water for plants.
2. Water only at the base of the plant, so that the roots are well nourished.
3. Give plenty of water at once and for several days, rather than a little water every day. Thus, the roots grow deep.
4. Water your plants in the evening. This reduces evaporation of the irrigation water.
5. Improve soil quality with compost and manure. You will retain soil moisture longer and plants will be better nourished.